There’s a lot of controversy in the design world with people wondering if “unlimited” design services are hurting the graphic design profession.
You can perhaps see why graphic designers would be disgruntled at companies charging a mere few hundred dollars for the entire month, when they tend to charge a lot more than that for their services.
Many designers accuse these platforms of destroying the sanctity of graphic design with the business model they have created, as the pricing is simply unthinkable for any professional. A graphic design professional may charge $150 an hour, or thereabouts.
About Design Services
With DesignPickle.com, there’s no HR process, no interviews, and no drama, making it an ideal choice for a small business or startup. You could be paired with a designer in just a few clicks; someone who understands your brand and changing business needs
There’s also a platform to manage your designs and scale up, as well as:
- Service – designers when you need them
- Support – world class customer support
- Scalability – pay as you grow
- Software – custom built software to make creation easier than ever before
- Systems – automate and integrate design pickle with your favourite applications
- Security – files are safe, secure, and easily shared with your team
Business owners can use this service in order to create surplus time, energy and money, and use what they have to focus on more pressing issues, rather than resizing a logo for a brochure.
Penji.co is an online graphic design service that doesn’t limit how many designs you are allowed in a month. There’s no hourly billing and no contracts, and the user can cancel anytime.
The user is allowed unlimited designs with one flat monthly rate, and there’s even a 48 hour turnaround time for designs that are needed quickly. The user will:
- Have 100% ownership of all source files
- Enjoy human support when they need it
- Be matched with top designers who aim to understand their company and needs
These services are useful for budding start-ups who maybe can’t afford to hire a big name designer to create a logo. Ideally, services like this should be seen as more of a “utility”, and are highly affordable for those just starting out or companies who don’t want a full blown agency, full time designers, or a range of freelancers.
Are Design Services Worth It Or Are They Destroying The Industry?
The services may not be for everybody, and that’s why individual graphic designers are still very much needed and in demand. They are not destroying the industry, but rather, helping it to evolve.
Whether you like these services or not, they are here to stay. Small businesses and startups are crying out for these services so they can stay within their budget and continue to grow. Many small agencies are using these types of services to launch and scale their own service offerings.
Why not put these services to good use yourself for your merch design and branding efforts?
More like this:
- How to create a brand identity: Guide + 7 brand identity examples
- How to sell shirts and make money with Teespring
- Best ways to find an affordable designer for your merch
- How Shirts Can be Your Most Powerful Promotional Tool
- These Youtube Channels Teach You All About Dropshipping
Sell Merch is brought to you by Spreadshop. The smart way to start selling merch.