Do you remember when Instagram first came out and you posted low-res, super saturated images of you making a peace sign on your bed? Or when Facebook statuses were for My Chemical Romance lyrics? Or, better yet, when you had to choose your Top 8 on MySpace? 😳
Well, fortunately those days are past. There is rhyme and reason to using the social media platforms that are popular today, and thanks to extensive market research, it’s that much easier to figure out the best times to post your tweets, Instagrams, and YouTube videos.
To make it even easier for you – we’ve broken the best times to post for each platform down. Check it out below! 😎
The best times to post in Instagram vary by day…here’s the quick version, thanks to our friends at Hubspot:
- It is best to post on Monday and Thursday, with engagement being the lowest on Sundays.
- It is best to post at 2am (?!), between 8 and 9am, and at 5pm. Avoid posting between 3 and 4pm.
- If your post is a video, plan to do it around 9pm – you’ll get 34% more interactions!
- Aside from the advised times during work hours, it is best to post when people are out of their 9-5 jobs.
According to Hubspot, here are the best times for Twitter:
- Wednesday is the best day to post on Twitter. That said, if you are posting specifically for your fans and advertising the work you’re doing on your Spreadshop so they will buy it – they suggest posting more on weekends. The tweets will perform 17% this way!
- The best times to post are 12pm, 3pm, 5pm, and 6pm.
- Commute times (early morning and evening) are also great opportunities – people are 181% more likely to be on Twitter.
According to Entrepreneur, here are the best times to post your videos on YouTube:
- Posting on weekday afternoons allows YouTube the most time to index your video and deliver them to subscribers. Between 2 and 4pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, or between 12 and 3pm on Thursday and Friday.
- On weekends, you should aim to post between 9 and 11am.
- The best days to post though, are Thursday or Friday.
Hubspot suggests this for Facebook:
- The best days to post are Saturday and Sunday with 32% higher engagement or Thursday and Friday with 18% higher engagement.
- The best times to post are 9am, 1pm, and 3pm.
- Upbeat posts perform best on Fridays.
- Posting at 3pm gets the most clicks, while 1pm gets the most shares.
Because Twitch is a streaming platform, there is no specific time that is “best” for going live. It is dependant upon your schedule and when your fans are typically on. That said, according to Medium, it is good to avoid streaming during prime time (7pm). If you do, you will be competing with far more streamers and less likely to be viewed against others.
While all of these suggestions are beneficial, remember to check your own analytics on the native platforms! You will be able to take a look at when your fans are most likely to be looking at your content and plan your schedule around that.
More like this:
- Everything you should know about copyright and parody laws for merch designs
- Success: It’s All About the Timing
- Events for Entrepreneurs can supercharge your network
- Is All Over Print a Fashion Fad?
- Don’t Be Socially Awkward. Learn How to Promote Yourself.
Sell Merch is brought to you by Spreadshop. The smart way to start selling merch.